Beltone New England is committed to educating the public about hearing loss, how to recognize it, how to test for it, the effects it has socially and emotionally, and the solutions available to the problem. In order to do this, we have designed a series of fun and informative seminars that focus on these topics which we present at senior organizations such as senior centers, assisted living facilities, nursing homes, adult day care centers, etc., free of charge to the community.
A trained Beltone Hearing Instrument Specialist is available to come to your facility and present one of the topics outlined below, as well as provide complimentary video ear scans and hearing screenings for all those that attend. If someone appears to have a hearing loss, they will have the opportunity to set up a complimentary hearing evaluation at our local Beltone New England office, in their home*, or at your facility at another time (if applicable). Below are the five seminar topics we have available:
How Do I Know If I Need Hearing Aids?
- Discover who has hearing loss, the warning signs, and the psychological impact of hearing loss. Explore how the ear works, the different kinds of hearing loss, and options that are available for help.
Getting the Most Out of Your Hearing Aids
- Find out what to expect once you have your hearing aids. Discover preventative maintenance tips that will help you get make your hearing aids last for years.
History of Hearing Aids
- Go back 200 years when the only hearing aids available were non-portable ear trumpets, to today, where hearing aids are virtually invisible when placed in the ear.
Advances in Hearing Aid Technology
- Explore the advantages new technology has to offer. See samples of the latest "virtually invisible" hearing aids. Hear for yourself the difference with a listening demonstration.
Cleaning and Maintenance of Patient Hearing Aids
- Hands-on training designed to teach your staff how to properly handle and clean patients' hearing aids, including changing batteries. Learn how to recognize the signs of hearing loss and the options that are available for help.
Beltone New England is proud to sponsor events which include, but are not limited to, Ice Cream Socials, Wellness clinics, Bingo games, Lunch and Learn Seminars, and much more. Our Beltone professionals can arrange to come to your facility and perform on-site, complimentary cleanings and servicing on your members' and/or residents' hearing aids. Please contact your local Beltone New England office for more information on how to set up one of these events. We service RI, MA, CT, NH, VT and ME.