Warning Signs of Hearing Loss
- You think other people sound muffled or are mumbling.
- You require frequent repetition.
- You have difficulty hearing in noisy situations, like restaurants and malls.
- You have trouble hearing children’s and women’s voices.
- You have the TV and radio turned up to high volume.
- You answer or respond inappropriately in conversations.
- You read lips or more intently watch people’s faces when they speak to you.
- You are often accused by others that you “only hear what want to hear” and have “selective listening”.
- You are told to “forget it” by family and friends who get frustrated when have to repeat themselves.
- You have been told that you speak too loudly.
- You feel stressed from straining to hear what others are saying.
- You feel annoyed at other people because you can’t hear or understand them.
- You feel embarrassed to meet new people or from misunderstanding what others are saying.
- You feel nervous about trying to hear and understand.
- You start to withdraw from social situations that you once enjoyed because of difficulty hearing.
If you experience any of the above warning signs, click here to have your hearing tested free of charge.
Beltone New England services RI, MA, CT, NH, VT, and ME.